The 5 things you should know about Affirm Fractional acne scar treatment:
- Affirm Fractional is non-ablative: meaning that its energy is sent through the skin, without ablating (destroying) the superficial layers of the skin.
- Fractional treatments are not painful: A topical numbing cream can be applied to the skin’s surface for approximately one hour prior to the treatment. As a result, the treatments are very tolerable. A sunburn-like sensation is felt for a few minutes after the treatment, which is improved by the application of ice packs to the area.
- Fractional treatments are intended to be performed in a series: You will begin to see significant improvement of acne scars after 2-3 Affirm laser treatments. Most patients require 4 laser treatments for optimal improvement.
- Affirm isn’t just for acne scars: During the course of your treatments, you will see improvement in the appearance of dark spots from old acne and improvement in the general texture of your skin. Affirm laser treatments stimulate skin cell renewal, which leads to healthier skin and all-around skin rejuvenation, in addition to treatment of acne scars.
- Affirm treatment has very little downtime: Most patients have only 1 to 2 days of downtime after each treatment. Unlike other laser treatments, you may apply makeup and sunscreen immediately after treatment. Since the surface of your skin was not compromised, you may run errands and go to work immediately following the procedure however, you should avoid direct sunlight to prevent burning or discoloration.